Services We Offer
At Physio by Jenny, our highly qualified and friendly physiotherapists are here to ensure your experience with us is as productive as possible.
After hours & home visits are offered for those who are unable to attend the practice, particularly those with severe pain or disability. There is an additional fee for this service.
have expertise in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of musculoskeletal (muscle and joint) conditions especially spinal conditions which commonly cause lower back pain and neck pain. Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy employs advanced clinical assessment and diagnosis methods and broader range of treatment techniques.
How Can Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy Help You?
• Totally relieve or reduce your pain.
• Provide you with strategies to best manage your injury or condition.
• Help you to recover quicker and hasten your return to your normal activities.
• Improve your flexibility, muscle strength, quality of movement, pro-prioception and co-ordination.
• Assist you to achieve exercise or functional goals.
• Improve your fitness.
• Help you to prevent future injury recurrences.
• Prescribe exercises to do at home, work in the gym to enhance your recovery.
Therapy for Lymphoedema
The basis of all lymphoedema treatment is to remove oedema by stimulation of lymphatic function, increase mobility, and provide an effective personalised long term lymphoedema control strategy. At PHYSIO by JENNY lymphoedema treatments are provided in a restful, personal environment. Duration of treatment session is approximately one hour.
Lymphoedema Therapy incorporates:
• Complex Lymphatic Therapy (Casley-Smith Method)
• Lymphatic Drainage Massage
• Compression Bandaging
• Prescription & Measurement for Compression Garments
• Traditional Skin Care
• Exercise Program
• Diet for Lymphoedema
• Low Level Laser Therapy
Jenny gained her qualifications in Complex Physical Lymphatic Therapy (Casley-Smith Method ) with Juliet George of Poppy Lane Skin Care & Lymphoedema Clinic, Lansvale, NSW. Membership of the Australasian Lymphology Association & the Australian Physiotherapy Association promotes strong values and standards, which are an important influence on the ethical standards and professionalism at Physio by Jenny.
Struggling with Control in the Southern Regions
Statistics quote that 2 out of 3 women who’ve had a baby leak. That’s a lot of leakage! Girls come in to me saying that they’re just fine …. just leak when they cough, sneeze, laugh, or do a Body Balance class, or struggle for dignity when they put the key in the door…..not normal!
Most of the time, these problems can be fixed
• We look at what’s causing the leakage.
• We initiate a treatment program incorporating education, electrotherapy, & specific exercises.
• Most of the time things do get better. If perchance they don’t, we refer you on to a consult by a specialist.
Management Programme for Problem Backs
Do you … spend a day in the garden, and pay for it for the next week ?
Do you … lift the weeks grocery shopping into the car .. and the child… and cringe as you straighten up ?
Do you … get out of the car after you’ve had a longish drive … and hobble discreetly until your body will allow you to stand up straight ?
It’s time to take control!!
Back pain is an insidious malady. It sneaks up on us gradually. First it’s a slight niggle. A twinge when you lift the increasingly heavier toddler into the car seat, or assist the increasingly more dependent grandparent out of their chair.
We do what we do over and over, until one day it hurts when we turn in bed. It hurts when we stand after leaning into the dishwasher. It hurts, and we tell ourselves we’ve just overdone it. We’re tired. We’re stressed. Etc.Etc. Guess what? Some of us are aware that we’re kidding ourselves, most aren’t. We’ve been working tirelessly on the wear & tear that’s happening in our backs day after day, year after year. We expect that they’ll just hang in there, and when they crack up, we say “ Hey, I’ve worked hard, haven’t had time to take care of myself ( what with all the kids, the wife, the work, etc, etc!) so I’ll just have to suffer … some do it in silence, some not so quiet.
So…… I have a passion for taking care of people. Particularly those who have awful back problems.
Based on over 30 years ( !! eek what a long time!) of treating people with really awful backs, I have developed strategies to make life more comfortable.
Back management programme includes:
- Management in the acute phase
- Management in the sub-acute / chronic phase
Treatment includes: application of heat/cold, electrotherapy, acupuncture, soft tissue techniques, joint mobilisation, relaxation positions & exercises based on Iyengar yoga, core stabilisation exercises, + whatever it takes.
It’s about helping you to manage your back, rather than letting your back manage you.
Contrary to popular belief
Falls are not inevitable and many older people can prevent the risk from falling through
- Exercises to improve your balance, strength and flexibility.
- Good nutrition
- Having your eyes tested annually
- Improving safety in and around the home
- Knowledge in where to get help
Let Jenny and her team help you to keep having or obtain a fulfilling and happy lifestyle